Normally you will be having 1 + 5 tests for first phase and in the second phase it depends on the stream.
First Phase :
1.Pretest - It covers elementary concepts of scheme programming and basic computer hardware and software. It is all school level questions.. No negative marking in it
Language: Scheme programming and Tool: Dr.Scheme for 4 tests(EC1 to EC4)
2. EC1 - It requires individuals to solve a program in 90 minutes..Questions are simple...Normally 3 questions Marks split up is 25 + 25 + 50. Main focus should be on structures and lists...
3. EC2 - Group of 3 or 4 people are to do projects...Case studies are given and you will have to use scheme programming to do that... Apart from programming you will also have to dram URL, ER Diagrams etc., Marks can be scored.
4. EC3 - Individual problem solving based on OOPS concepts like class,objects...Problem will be simple...Marks can be scored.
5. EC4 - Same group of 3 or 4 people are to do same projects as EC2...Case studies are given and you have to use OOPS concepts in scheme programming to do that... Here you will draw sequence diagram, class diagram etc., marks can be scored....
6. EC5 - By far the toughest and contains around 30 questions of Multiple choice types.Each question carries 1,2 or 3 marks...Negative marking is there for each wrong answer...Most people fail in this...topics for this test are: UNIX(little bit concepts only) and elearning site material contents and whatever theoretical concepts used in your projects... All ec5 questions will be from the elearning portal. Click here to go to elearning portal.
They will take 20% of your ec1, 20% of your ec2, 25% of your ec3, 15%of your ec4, 20% of your ec5 once your ec5 is over. Overall percentage should be above 55%. Otherwise 7 days extension.